See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Day 3, Las Vegas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I wish I could understand you better. You've been playing a game for years, where, at the very best, if a session is longer than an hour, you might win 55-60% of your "sessions." So, you -- and everyone else on the planet-- lose 40% or 45% of all the sessions you play. In other words, the most common occurrence imaginable. And yet, you repeatedly write about how losing ANY session "bothers you," "upsets you," causes you to quit and go home for the day, etc. What in God's name is wrong with you? Why do you play??

Imagine a batter who hits .333, which is wonderful, but which means that he makes out (FAILS!) two-thirds of the time, sulking, brooding, and wanting to stop playing every time he doesn't get a hit.

You really need to ask yourself what your problem is. PLAY the goddamn game and stop caring whether you win or lose a session. You win, what, eight sessions in a row and then bitch when you lose one? Do you not understand how utterly absurd that is?

Don

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    I wish I could understand you better. You've been playing a game for years, where, at the very best, if a session is longer than an hour, you might win 55-60% of your "sessions." So, you -- and everyone else on the planet-- lose 40% or 45% of all the sessions you play. In other words, the most common occurrence imaginable. And yet, you repeatedly write about how losing ANY session "bothers you," "upsets you," causes you to quit and go home for the day, etc. What in God's name is wrong with you? Why do you play??

Imagine a batter who hits .333, which is wonderful, but which means that he makes out (FAILS!) two-thirds of the time, sulking, brooding, and wanting to stop playing every time he doesn't get a hit.

You really need to ask yourself what your problem is. PLAY the goddamn game and stop caring whether you win or lose a session. You win, what, eight sessions in a row and then bitch when you lose one? Do you not understand how utterly absurd that is?

Don
    dear Don, I wish understanding always leads to behavior change but unfortunately, a lifetime of living on the financial edge, and it’s tough to overcome it. It’s been slow in coming. When I was playing red chips and after I could accept smaller losses and wins easily, I moved up to Green chips. So now, where the wins and losses at a session/day are greater, I get troubled. Knowing myself, I keep max bets and spread very limited. My BR is now $80k plus but I still have difficulty even considering a $50 minimum game or placing higher than $150 on a single round unless TC is way up.

I post here, and like you, others in more humiliating ways, make the point you are making and often, remembering, helps my reluctance.

There is is a big jump from understanding to behavioral change. I am still working on it, 5 years later.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post

Don

well said don

it's also silly he complains about expenses but then might not play an entire day just because he's up money

zee either you believe in the math behind counting or you don't