Thread: CVCX Issues

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX Issues

Norm, there are a couple of problems I am experiencing with CVCX V6.0.289. I'm sure other users are encountering similar issues.

First and foremost, every time I run a simulation and select Dealer Peeks on 10, the button turns off after the sim has been run and the program is closed by the user. When I reopen CVCX, Dealer Peaks on 10 is turned off. This option should remain selected until it is turned off by the user! I spent countless hours running simulations not realizing the button switches off every time you close the program. What's more, when you click on Sim Parms, the window ALWAYS shows that the option is turned off even in those instances when Dealer Peeks on 10 is turned on. See attached screen shot. Please fix. A user should know precisely what the parameters were for a sim that was run without having to guess whether an option was turned on or off. Remember when I sent you those emails several weeks ago asking why there was a difference between the CVCX and CVData results? Well, I finally figured it out...CVCX had said option turned off while CVData had it turned on. CVData correctly reports when the option is turned on or off in Sim Parms. CVCX doesn't. I've reported this issue in the past yet you refuse to believe the button automatically switches off after CVCX is closed. Good thing I cross check my results with CVData.

Second, for the Custom Bets column, when I press enter multiple times in a cell the value does not duplicate for the remainder of cells beneath it. For a KO user, entering custom bets manually can be quite time consuming and tedious. This feature used to work in prior versions. I don't know what happened but it stopped working.

Third, the Penetration Chart is not showing up correctly. Where is the curve? Also, the x-axis is comprised of all 0s. See attached screen shot.

Fourth, in the Help section, it states for Rounds - "Select rounds in millions. This may be set from 50 to 300,000 for 50 million to 300 billion rounds". When I input 250, which is 250 million, it switches to 400 when I run the simulation. So is 400 million rounds the minimum that must be input for a simulation? If so, why does the Help section stipulate 50 as the minimum? What I am finding is that 500 million rounds produces identical results to 1 billion rounds. I'm wondering if 250 million will produce similar results to 500 million. In the interest of saving time, I don't require pinpoint precision. Anything within +/- $2 of the theoretical WR and SD will suffice. These values converge fairly quickly.

Fifth, in the CVCX archives, it would be nice if the user can organize User Simulations into various folders. As it stands, I have 50 to 100 simulations sorted by date. That isn't all that helpful if I want to quickly locate a sim file. Folders would be so much better. I like organization. I believe CVData allows organizing basic simulations into various groups.

Thanks for listening,
    MJ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MJ1; 06-23-2024 at 08:16 PM.

Blog Entries

1. Simulators generally don't include a Dealer Peeks on 10 option as it doesn't measurably affect results. In any case, this does not occur in the current test version which will be released this week. This is a major, no cost release.
    2. The double enter feature was added in V6 and then removed because some people were accidentally hitting enter twice messing up the custom bets. The double-click feature, which has existed for over a decade, still exists. Use that instead.
    3. I've never seen the curve missing. Rather then sending me an export, just wait for the update. But click on Customize, then customize charts and see if the range is changed to zero.
    4. I upped the minimum rounds when multi-threading was added. 50 million rounds simply is not enough and doesn't work well with multi-threading.
    5. Yes archive folders is a CVData feature, not a CVCX feature. I can look at what it would take to add it to CVCX. Biggest problem is finding space for another button.
    Last edited by Norm; 06-24-2024 at 01:49 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Yes, I also vote for folders in CVCX Archives :-)
    G Man

Blog Entries

two to one against me. I'll add the function in this week's update.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Out of great help also norm that cvcx in the new update have in the simulations of 8 decks the depth of game for 4 decks 50% since it is something that you see more common thanks if you can contribute that in new update

Blog Entries

4 out of 8 decks? That's a really horrible game. Anyhow, that requires CVData which allows one hand to all cards dealt. The CVCX file structure can't handle it.

yes just dealt 4 of 8 decks in cvdata can sim that, why no cvcx thanks

Blog Entries

CVCX files include all sim information by depth by card. Currently with eight decks, by 52 to 156 cards remaining. Multiply that by possibly 16 rules sets and numbers of decks. The files are quite large. They are limited to normal rules. CVData does not have these limitations and it sims one set of rules and penetration at a time - like all other simulators.

In cvdata I have a question in the part where the actual accounts are: profit, loss, tie, IBA TBA Etc....

the sum of hands won, hands lost, draws etc... is not always correct.

I attach an image

what is the reason for this
    sim error or what?

Blog Entries

Never heard that. You will need to explain more clearly. A screen image would be useful as I don't know which of the 40 data screens.

Keep in mind that splits mean more than one hand.
    Last edited by Norm; 06-24-2024 at 05:14 PM.