Quote Originally Posted by CapitalAppreciation View Post
Do Tier Credits and Reward Status (at MGM, Sapphire, Pearl. Gold. Platinum, Noir) matter to you? If so, what's your strategy for getting maximum status.

For me, at MGM Springfield, it matters purely as a personal preference (I like Platinum). I use high-limit slots to amass tier credits. I use blackjack winnings to fund the slot play. Last year, it cost me about $8k in slot losses (about $140k "coins in" over 50 days) to get a Platinum card. Of course, I don't play slots every day.
I personally enjoy the comps. I have had the luxury of spreading my play to various programs due to a lot of work travel, so I have used that as my strategy. Admittedly, it hasn't worked perfectly (back offs, trespasses, etc.), but that is a risk I am willing to take.

Do you only play the slots when there is a tier credit/reward credit multiplier on them? Doing so may reduce your losses/get you to that Platinum status quicker.

Also, I know many programs have days that benefit seniors. Do you take advantage of those days?