See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

What would you do?

You've been waiting for this situation. The count is way high and you've won 5 hands in a row. The count is still a monster. This is the last deal before the shuffle. Do you leave your max bet out on the table and go for a 6th win in a row? For that matter is there a stopping point? 5, 6, 7, 8 wins in a row? Or do you play the max bet and just wait for the bust hand and start all over again.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Why would you pull it back? Previous results have no effect on future outcomes. It doesn't matter if you've won 20 in a row, if the count is there you put the money out.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If you don't trust the math you will fail...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrisB View Post
    You've been waiting for this situation. The count is way high and you've won 5 hands in a row. The count is still a monster. This is the last deal before the shuffle. Do you leave your max bet out on the table and go for a 6th win in a row? For that matter is there a stopping point? 5, 6, 7, 8 wins in a row? Or do you play the max bet and just wait for the bust hand and start all over again.
    If you know it's going to be the last deal before the shuffle, and the count calls for max bet, push out three max bets in three spots and leave at the end of the shoe.

The only way I would reduce my bet with one more hand to go would be if I were planning to play the next shoe and didn't want to drop my bet too much to start it off. Other than that, bet what the count indicates.

Quote Originally Posted by nicetrades200303 View Post
    If you know it's going to be the last deal before the shuffle, and the count calls for max bet, push out three max bets in three spots and leave at the end of the shoe.
    Hahaha indeed.

~Pac

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You obviously have no idea what counting cards is all about, do you?

While I'm no expert, I have some idea. I was just starting a conversation to see if others would trust the math, or fall victim to a gut instinct (as we have all heard at the tables, "you are "lucky" to win three in a row"). For what it's worth, I too would leave the max bet there.

You should generally drop your bet to minimum after your first win. You have to adjust the running count for amount of hands you won, x2. For example, if you have won 5 hands in a row, you subtract ten from the running count. You only have a 3% chance of winning 4 hands in a row...going for 6 is suicide, are you nuts? Don't listen to the other guys, they are just messing with you.

He wasn't asking for himself but wondering how people would respond.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    You should generally drop your bet to minimum after your first win. You have to adjust the running count for amount of hands you won, x2. For example, if you have won 5 hands in a row, you subtract ten from the running count. You only have a 3% chance of winning 4 hands in a row...going for 6 is suicide, are you nuts? Don't listen to the other guys, they are just messing with you.

Are you serious? Where do you get those numbers? Just let me now.

Rudy.

Ask yourself.
    1. Do you trust the math?
    2. If situation were reversed what would you do? You lost five hands in a row, tc is 10+. What are you going to do?

After you can honestly answer those two questions then you can consider other factors.

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Rainmaker, you should never, ever give advice to anyone! Even the ploppiest ploppy doesn't come up with garbage as bad as what you just posted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast